Friday, December 12, 2008

Timber!!

I always enjoyed going as a child and cutting down our own tree. We were lucky that a neighbor of ours had a little lot of trees and we always found a great little tree from them.

The prefect Christmas tree to me is one that is about 5 feet tall with short needles and branches far enough apart that when you hang the ornaments you can still see them. I guess the perfect tree to me is what I call a "Charlie Brown" tree. This year James said he wanted his way this year. After getting to the tree farm and hearing him complain about how cold it was and that it was snowing I gave in. We cut down the tree James wanted this year and to be honest with you, I hate it. It doesn't smell, the needles are way to long and they hide the ornaments, the branches are not strong at all and not all the ornaments could be hung because they are to heavy. Have I complained enough? I gave him one year we should be good for another 12 years to have it my way, right?

The important thing is the kids had a great time going and picking out the tree and taking turns cutting it down. All this is about is making memories and hopefully they are happy ones. The reason for the season is to remember the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ and not what kind of tree "I" wanted. But I still have my opinion ;)

No comments: