Thursday, January 22, 2009

Feeling Homesick







As I have had the wonderful experience of reconnecting with old friends from childhood on Facebook it has also made me homesick for days gone by.
When I was 5 years old we moved to a wonderful mountain valley in Utah called Cache Valley. Majestic mountains surround this beautiful valley. Spring time is green, lush and full of life. Summers are pleasant with wonderful cool nights perfect for sleeping out under the stars. Autamn is a blast of color from all the types of trees that fill the valley and scattered on the mountain side. Winter is a wonderland of snow, skiing, ice skating, and the fun of friends.
The best part of the valley is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Logan Temple that stands proudly on a hill in the center of the valley. Out of all the places I have been in the world this building is my beacon, my castle. It is the best to see at night. When I was a teenager I made it a standerd to be home before the temple lights went out at 2 a.m.
I have some wonderful memories of growing-up in this valley and sometimes wish we could move back. But it has become a place that California has infested so real estate is way over priced and there is no way we could live there again.
It is nice to reconnect with wonderful people and remember when life was so much more simple and I would just sit out on my front porch and hear the crickets and the sound of the sprinklers in the fields and I would dream about leaving such a small place. Now I am hear wishing I could go back. Funny how that all works out.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been really enjoying myself reconnecting with old friends on facebook also. I would also have to agree with you about the how wonderful Utah is! :-) But also how crazy the housing market has gotten. I came to the realization a couple of years ago that more than likely I will never be moving back to Utah. (sad yes, but true)
I hope all is well with you and your family!