Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I Want to be the Biggest Loser!!

OK, so I know I'm not big enough to really be on the Biggest Loser, thank goodness. But I do want to lose about 35 pounds, 25 would be good, but 35 would be fantastic.

When the last season of Biggest Loser ended I thought. I have watched these people lose weight week after week and I just sit here eating ice cream and watch it happen. These people lost almost as much or more than I weigh. I can't even seem to lose 35 pounds. I felt pretty pathetic.

Not this season.

I am finishing off my last jar of European Nutela so it won't call my name anymore before I get serious. So the Biggest Loser starts on September 16th. I already have the books and have read all about it. I even did it for 5 weeks this past spring and lost about 10 lbs, I think. I didn't dare step on the scale. I don't like to know that I am failing. But my clothes actually fit me again.

So, that I am accountable to a large group of people, I think. I am going to keep track of my progress here on my blog. Posting wonderful "fat" pictures of myself hopefully only in the beginning with my progress. I always said when I was done having babies and nursing that I would get back down to a size 6.

So, anyone that would like to join me on this wonderful adventure would be great. It would be cool to know that somewhere out there we were doing it together.

Who wants to be a Loser with me? We will cheer each other on.

3 comments:

Jacquie said...

Carolyn I will be with ya, virtually, every step of the way. My advice is weigh yourself now and put your scale away for a few months. The scale is evil! When we moved to Japan we knew we were done having children so we made a committment to get in the best shape ever. This is our good health tour. So far so good, but a slow and painful process. A little over a year later I have lost just 20 pounds. As I said before, the scale IS a bad thing, because I have dropped 6 sizes. I started exercizing 3 times a week July 2007 and then upped it to 5 last fall at 45 minutes. I hit a plateau in January. 6 weeks ago increased my workouts to 90 minutes and I strive for 6 days a week, but usually do 5. I do about 65 minutes on the elliptical or treadmill and sometimes run with the kids in the double stroller(which is my least favorite). I do weights after the cardio. Our base has a family room at the gym so I take the kids with, they have a playdate and I workout. 2 weeks ago I stopped eating dinner after 7:00 and made a committment to not eat after 6:30. The eating late was killing me. I have lost 3 pounds in the last 6 weeks, but I am loosing inches and reshaping and toning. I just keep telling myself I am replacing my fat with muscle and muscle weighs more. It makes sense. Last month I did the Microfit Assesment or HAWK, military acronym so I have something to compare to in a few months. Regardless of how much I weigh I feel better ad have more energy and feel great after my workouts. I really want to loose 25 more pounds, so I am with you girlfriend!

Brigitte Ballard said...

I am in... I get back from Europe on the 23rd. I'll do it then.

Anonymous said...

I gained 80 pounds in 8 months with Mchael. ( Lucky I didn't go the whole 9 months of pregnancy!)
I have lost 50 pounds and have 30 to go to be my prepregnancy size 6. Don't know if I can get that far while I am nursing but I am giving it a try.
Just had 3 weeks 'off' ( lots of cake, chips and icecream) but am back on track.
I'll do it with you - I need some extra motivation!